Brooklyn, NY & San Francisco
Backend Engineer (Node.js)
We Are Prolific
At Prolific, we solve big problems through small screens. By constantly honing our craft and keeping our toolbox full we want to become extensions of great product teams and create more happiness in the world around us. We focus our attention in the mobile space, creating iOS and Android apps and mobile and responsive sites.
A Day in the Life
As a Backend Node.js Engineer, you will collaborate with mobile engineers and product managers to architect solutions that give our end users an optimal experience. You’ll play a critical role in scaling infrastructure, optimizing data aggregation, handling big data, and providing mobile friendly APIs. You’ll also work closely with Senior Engineers to progress as an engineer and assist in establishing best practices and processes across the department.
- Working closely with product managers and native mobile engineers to architect middleware solutions and build clean, mobile-optimized APIs
- Integrating with our dev-ops team to maintain the highest performance and uptime standards
- Writing both unit and integration tests.
- Pair programming with other engineers for support and ideation.
- Participating in peer code review process to keep code quality high.
- Collaborating with other API engineers and backend team members to improve the quality of our APIs and assist in establishing best practices / processes across our products
- Experience with Node.js, Express
- Experience with designing RESTful APIs
- Knowledge of scaling system architecture and identifying common performance bottlenecks
- Interest in growing and participating in development best practices
- Experience using Git as source control
- Comfort in working in an Agile environment
- Expertise at resolving real world issues within API development
- Experience with statically typed languages
- Experience with an in-memory datastore
- Track record of providing clean, concise documentation to other developers
- Not required, but a Computer Science or related degree with demonstrated understanding of how software is built.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Matching
- Flexible Vacation
- New Parent Leave
- Transit benefits
- Quarterly Hack Days and Team Outings
- Cultural Committees including Philanthropy, Party Planning, Diversity, and more
- Ongoing wellness activities such as Yoga and Intramural Sports
- MacBooks and Apple equipment
- Dog-Friendly office
- Coffee and Monday Morning Bagels
Prolific Interactive is a strategy-led mobile agency partnering with high-growth lifestyle brands. Based in Brooklyn and San Francisco, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue. Alex and Ani, David’s Bridal and American Express. We're a team of creators and innovators building products that turn heads, and we’re constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.