UX Design Apprenticeship
The UX design apprenticeship at Prolific is an opportunity for junior designers to work on real-world, client-facing projects autonomously while also being supported by more experienced designers.
We’re looking for someone with a strategic mindset who excels at interaction design and can also own and facilitate user research initiatives. If you love gathering data and applying the insights you get to crafting user-validated, meticulously designed experiences, then this is the right role for you.
As a UX design apprentice at Prolific, you are responsible for infusing the product development process with the user’s voice, and designing experiences that accomplish both business and user goals. You will own user research in your product teams, working on everything from recruiting users to planning and facilitating user interviews, usability testing, and utilizing other research methods as you see fit alongside a seasoned UX Designer. Your highest priority will be to champion research-informed design throughout your projects.
- Own and execute the user research process on new apps, websites, strategic engagements, and other digital products, with the support of more senior designers
- Understand which research methods to use in a given situation, conduct the research, and use the data to inform the design of the product
- Facilitate design and research workshops with the team and apply those insights to the product
- Help define the product and/or features being built through discovery interviews and strategic goal-setting
- Design wireframes, prototypes, and user flows
- Work effectively with visual product designers, engineers, and product managers to realize your vision
- 0-2 years of professional UX experience (agency experience a plus)
- Relevant education in User Experience (Design, social sciences, HCI, UX bootcamp, etc)
- A portfolio showcasing student projects and/or real-world work
- Experience conducting user interviews, usability studies, and other research methodologies
- The ability to apply research insights to the design of the product
- A penchant for high-level thinking about product strategy and vision
- Extensive knowledge of modern UI standards and conventions
- A keen eye for interaction and visual details
- Experience interfacing with and presenting designs to peers and stakeholders
- BONUS: Deep understanding and experience with iOS and Android native app design
Details and Benefits
- 40 hours per week, 3-month commitment
- Hourly rate based on experience
- Quarterly hack days and team outings
- Cultural committees including philanthropy, party planning, diversity, and more
- Wellness activities such as yoga and intramural sports
- Dog-friendly office
Please note that you will have to secure your own housing and use your own computer. We'll supply any software you'll need. While Prolific does sponsor full time employees, for this role non-US residents must arrange for work visa and sponsorship independently.