We are a mobile agency where designers, engineers, strategists, and clients sit side-by-side to take mobile products from concept to launch. We value good design, user research, close collaboration, and constantly learning and iterating from experience.
We're looking for a collaborative, organized UX designer well-versed in mobile application design and the digital realm who will serve as the user advocate for the team, take ownership of the UX process, and champion user-centered design throughout the company. You must be an effective interviewer who is excited to digest and understand complex qualitative data from user interviews and user testing sessions, and have experience working closely with a Visual Designer to create flows, design wireframes, and build prototypes to explore and communicate concepts to the rest of the team.
A typical day as a UX designer at Prolific might include sketching out a feature with the Visual Designer and mocking up wireframes as a means to communicate your ideas with the product team. You'll get feedback, iterate, and conduct informal testing around the office to uncover glaring issues. From there, you'll create a working prototype and head over to the partner's office where you have scheduled a user testing session. You'll interview the user, place the prototype into her hands, and ask smart, unbiased questions that validate or debunk your hypotheses. You'll share the results with your team, make recommendations for changes, work with the Visual Designer to iterate on features, and start the process over again.
- 1-3 years of professional UX design experience
- Formal degree in a relevant field (design, HCI, psychology, etc.), immersive program experience, or equivalent job experience
- Firm grasp on iOS and Android mobile design conventions
- Experience working with a team on a product from concept to launch
- Experience conducting and presenting user research, namely user testing and interviewing
Nice to Haves
- Visual design skills
- Familiarity with using analytics tools and platforms
- Familiarity with mobile development/programming
- Experience working with agile/lean methodologies
- Familiarity with the local technology/design community
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401K with Company Matching
- Flexible Vacation
- New Parent Leave
- Transit benefits
- Quarterly Hack Days and Team Outings
- Cultural Committees including Philanthropy, Party Planning, Diversity, and more
- Ongoing wellness activities such as Yoga and Intramural Sports
- MacBooks and Apple equipment
- Dog-Friendly office
- Coffee and Monday Morning Bagels
Prolific Interactive is a mobile-focused product agency. Based in Brooklyn and San Francisco, our recent partners have included SoulCycle, Saks Fifth Avenue, Scotts Miracle Gro and American Express. We're a team of creators and innovators building products that turn heads, and we're constantly looking for talented people to help us grow.